Wow!! Here we are, a week out and the dust is finally starting to settle!
So many pictures to share:
Please check out the 1500 pictures posted here (scroll up) and on Facebook (please tag & share generously!) If you were at the event, there is a very good chance that there is a picture of you in one of these albums (and we are still waiting for a few more photographers to get us their photos.) If you have photos you’d like to share, send them to email@example.com; we’d love to add them to the “Community” album.
We have so many people to thank:
– The 642 participants and 1703 donors who helped us raise $166,856 so far!! The money will keep coming in until the end of the year, so please follow up with your friends & family who said they’d sponsor you, but haven’t yet!! You can still earn a CRC portable phone charger for raising $500! Here’s the website link: gvgb.co/WalkRun2018
– Our 61 extremely generous Corporate Sponsors, who together raised $40,000! Please thank them with your business. A special shout-out to Cayuga Medical Center for being our presenting Corporate Sponsor, providing our delicious pancake breakfast, and raising an additional $1,800 – GO, CMC Cancer Crushers!
– The 24 entertainers who braved the elements, and entertained the masses. Some even brought their instruments (above & beyond the call of duty), while the rest improvised & sang “You are my sunshine” in the rain! Click here to see a list, and some photos of the folks who so generously donated their time & talents.
– The Committee who put it all together! Special shout-out to new comer Alex Kleinerman, welcome aboard! And Brian Wilbur, the backbone of the operation. We couldn’t have done it without you.
– The 150+ volunteers & in-kind donors who helped make the Walkathon & 5K run so smoothly. We could not have carried it off without your help. This is truly a community-supported event in so many ways!
If you haven’t picked up your prize or shirt, please do so. You can also buy a shirt online or at CRC for $15.
Race Times & Prize Winners:
– Here are the race times and a list of our fundraising champions (as of 11pm Friday 10/12):
- Patti Papapietro – $3,550.00
- Rosemary Lang- $3,065.00
- Claudia Ayers- $3,050.00
- Chaya Spector- $2,700.00
- Jason Hungerford- $1,985.00
- Friday Noon Group- $13,561.00
- WestSideWinners- $9,018.00
- Goes With Rose- $6,315.00
- Ithaca College Softball- $5,230.00
- Alpha Kappa Alpha- $4,120.09
Thank you, everybody! See you next year! Jyl & Sharon