The Peer to Peer Program is a free confidential service that connects patients and caregivers with mentors who provide the perspective of “someone who’s been there.”
The program is open to all patients and caregivers touched by any type of cancer.
Mentors listen, extend emotional support, and offer practical advice. They do not provide medical advice.
Looking for support?
Please call the Cancer Resource Center at 277-0960 or fill out this application.
Want to become a mentor?
- Be mentally and physically able to take on the mentorship role. It’s not about you – it’s about the person you’re helping.
- Adhere to the guideline of not giving medical advice. It’s ok to say what you did. It’s not ok to say what someone else should do.
- Be emotionally prepared to participate in a mentoring relationship.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Be willing to be an active match for 6 months.
The Cancer Resource Center will provide training focused on listening skills, the mentorship role, confidentiality, problem solving, and how to handle difficult situations.
To apply, contact our office at 277-0960 or fill out this application.