It’s common to travel to larger cities for second opinions and specialized services. Here are some resources that may help.
- The Cornell Campus to Campus Bus is terrific way to get from Ithaca to New York City. It stops at Weill Cornell Medical Center in NYC which is adjacent to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Through generous support from Cornell, we can free book trips for patients (and a companion) who are traveling to NYC for medical appointments. YOU MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS THROUGH THE CANCER RESOURCE CENTER. Click Campus to Campus Guidelines for more information.
- Angel Wheels to Heal (formerly known as Angel Bus) assists with ground transportation and provides gas cards.
- Corporate Angel Network (seats are regularly available from the Elmira/Corning Airport to NYC)
- PALS:Free medical flights and patient air transportation
- Wings Flights of Hope: Wings Flights of Hope flies out of Buffalo, NY to various locations throughout the North East section of the US. The most common destinations flown to are:
- New York, NY
- Boston, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Cleveland, OH
- Angel Flight NE:Free air and ground transportation so children and adults may access life-saving medical care
- Angel Flight East
- Mercy Medical Airlift:Transportation to Medical Care for Patients in Need