Thank you for your interest in raising money for the Cancer Resource Center of the Finger Lakes!
Whether you plan to hold a bake sale, school event, auction, or any type of fundraising event for us, know that we appreciate your support. We literally couldn’t continue our work without people like you!
In order to prevent any misunderstandings, we would like to clarify our guidelines and expectations. Listed below are some general guidelines that will be helpful when planning an event.
What CRCFL Can Do
• Provide information about our organization and cancer in general.
• Help promote the event on our website, E-News, and Facebook page.
• Provide our logo for you to use for advertising.
• Suggest ways to help you market your event.
• Provide a solicitation letter template (including a link for on-line donations) that you can customize and use for seeking contributions by mail or e-mail.
• Accept credit card donations.
• Send acknowledgment letters to donors (provided you give us with their contact information).
• When possible, create a webpage for the event so that attendees can donate and/or register online.
• If scheduling permits, provide a representative to talk about our organization, accept a check, etc.
What CRCFL Cannot Do
• Invest money or financially contribute in any way.
• Provide staff to organize or implement your event.
• Market the event beyond what is specified above.
• Endorse any products or services.
• A signed letter of agreement is required before you can advertise the event as a fundraiser for the Cancer Resource Center or use our logo.
• If you’re a business donating “proceeds of sales” to the Cancer Resource Center, you must specify the dates (e.g., all sales during October of 2015), and the amount of the donation (e.g., 5% of all purchases). We are required to report this information to the State of New York.
• The donation should be given to CRCFL within 30 days of the event. Please deduct any costs incurred prior to delivering the proceeds to us.
Click here for a printable version of these guidelines and the letter of agreement.
Please contact our office at 277-0960 for information and assistance. We’d love to talk with you!